Thursday, November 11, 2010

Staying focused

Pacquiao vs Margarito

Pacquiao vs Margarito

"I told Manny don't worry about it, just stay focused on what you have to do." Three-times world champion Margarito (38-6, 27 KOs) made an unscheduled appearance Thursday at a news conference for Saturday's undercard to issue his own apology to Roach. Pacquiao vs Margarito will face each other on November 14, 2010.

"I don't want Manny to be angry about it," Roach said Thursday. "He must just stay calm. I want to keep Manny right where he is. He's in a good place. "I apologize for what happened," the Mexican said. "Freddie Roach, if he will accept my apologies, and everyone with that disease ... I want to tell you I would never, never make fun of anyone with that.

"I was training in the gym and this guy with a video camera came up to me and told me Freddie Roach said I was going to get knocked out. I just shook my hands and said: 'Wooh, I am really scared now.' I was not making fun of Freddie."

Rios, who is scheduled to fight a 10-round lightweight bout on Saturday's undercard at Cowboys Stadium, gave his apology shortly before Margarito.

"I got one thing I want to get off my chest," he said. "There is something between the two camps and I take full responsibility. It was just in the heat of the moment.

"They were calling our camp murderers and stuff like that. All I can say is I'm sorry. Let's move forward."

The war of words between Garcia and Roach over the video had dominated the build-up to Saturday's fight between seven-times world champion Pacquiao and Margarito.

With multiple apologies given, and now accepted by Roach, the scheduled 12-round bout can once again assume center stage. Watch Pacquiao vs Margarito Online this November 14, 2010 only on HBO Pay-Per-View.

No comments:

Post a Comment